Kitchens are no longer just an area for cooking anymore. They have become an important game changer when it comes to making a statement with style in a home. It is not just the style and design features of the kitchen that make it look good and efficient but also the various appliances.
It does not matter if you do not have all the modern appliances but keeping whatever you have clean makes a difference to the way your kitchen looks. It is also important to keep your kitchen appliances clean for hygiene and safe cooking as well.
While some appliances may be easy to clean, some may be a bit difficult. Here are a few tips to help you keeps your appliances and refrigerators clean without any hassles.
- One of the best ways to keep the refrigerator clean is to check for any food in it that may have gone bad and toss such items out on a weekly basis. This will also help you make more space in your refrigerator and keep it organized as well. Keeping food that’s gone stale can emit a bad smell in the refrigerator too and sometimes some of it may even cling to other food items.
- Refrigerators and appliances may sometimes develop a sticky surface. You can wipe down these surfaces with a wet cloth to keep the areas squeaky clean.
- While cleaning the outsides of an electronic kettle is easy, it may be a bit difficult to clean the insides of it by just washing or rinsing it with water. Tea kettles tend to get stained over time. You can easily get rid of these stains with a mixture of water and white vinegar. Fill up the kettle with this solution, bring it to a boil, and then leave it for 10-12 hours.
- Appliances and refrigerators with a stainless steel surface can get dirty with frequent use. One of the common things that make these appliances look dirty is fingerprints especially those made by dirty hands. Sometimes even wiping them down with a cloth may not be enough. Rubbing the area with the finger stains with some coconut or olive oil removes the marks and adds shine to appliances and refrigerators with stainless steel surfaces.
- If your blender or mixer is not suitable to be washed in the dishwasher, then you can clean it easily by filling it up with a solution of warm water and a bit of dishwashing liquid. Run this container on the fastest setting of the blender for about 20 seconds to get all the food off from those little nooks and corners. You may want to repeat this process with some warm water once more in the jar to make sure there is no soap left in it.
- When you have no appropriate detergent to clean the water basin in your coffee maker clean, you can run a solution of water and vinegar through the machine to clean it effectively.
Line your refrigerator’s shelves with placemats or any other alternative to avoid getting the shelves or racks dirty. These placemats can be taken out to be cleaned and dried conveniently. You won’t even have to worry about accidentally getting scratches or permanent stains on the shelves and racks of your refrigerator.
Keep these tips in mind to keep your kitchen appliances and refrigerators squeaky clean and beautiful. Always remember, a clean kitchen contributes to a healthy and hygienic cooking process.