Never let any Furniture Sale fool you
There is a big market for the used furniture sale and purchase. There are plenty of reasons a person might be selling his furniture. If you are planning to buy such used furniture, then it is quite important for you to check for the reason for the sale. The reason could be anything like:-
• Outdated: Furniture which is outdated and is not in trend is often sold by the owner concerned. If you are someone who doesn’t believe in trendy stuff, then it could be a golden opportunity for you. But before taking the decision please do some homework.
• Remodeling: Now, this could also be the reason for the sale of old and dump furniture. The seller might be going for a full house renovation or a kitchen or patio or living room or drawing room makeover and therefore has to sell the used furniture. Such dump furniture can also be a great deal for the purchaser but again I would like to remind you to do your Homework before taking the decision.
• Moving or combining: This is another good reason to sell out the dump furniture , if you are moving in with somebody or combing the households, you will need to sell out the furniture or else there won’t be any breathing space left in the house. This is also one of the opportunities for the purchaser with a low budget to get the best out of his money.
What are the benefits of purchasing used furniture:-
• Affordable prices: Of course the used furniture has to be less expensive than the brand new ones and that is also the best attribute of the used furniture. You get value for money and money saved is always a good option.
• Classy: If you are someone who loves collecting classy and antique things, then you need to buy the used furniture. There is nothing more authentically antique than the antique itself. You can add some classy flavor to your homes or offices with the used furniture.
• Use: Make sure the furniture you are planning to buy is gently-used or for that sake properly used. You would not want to bring to your place a harassed piece of furniture because obviously this one is on the verge of breaking down anytime and you might feel cheated at the end of the day.
• Examine: You need to examine the furniture before buying it to check if there are any bugs, cracks, gaps, etc. in the furniture you wish to buy. Please make sure the furniture is not too outdated and the quality and material used are up to the mark. Although, furniture doesn’t get hollow or useless in some years but for your own satisfaction do not just make wild guesses and please make sure you double check and are fully satisfied with the explanation given.
• Check: Make sure you check the bill of the furniture before purchasing the same and make sure the brand mentioned is the same; here you will know the year of making, the year of sale, the amount paid on the sale etc.
Somethings for the used furniture sellers, first and foremost use your furniture nicely, then because the furniture could be bulky, you must sell out to a local buyer for your own convenience. There are few online sites where you can list your furniture for the local buyer to see or you might contact the local buyer on your own using your own social circle. Like word of mouth publicity or using the social media sites like Facebook or twitter etc. There are some groups on these social media websites where you might advertise your piece of furniture. Any of your friends or other needy people may come across the ad on site or group and make an offer.
Make sure you receive the payment in cash only. Make sure you get the best value for your furniture for that you might do an independent analysis as well as analyze the market for the same. Also, you might have to bargain for the same and in the process might lose some buyer. Also check with the buyer, who is going to shift the furniture. If you are required to do it, make sure to charge something extra for that and also to safely transport the furniture.
Hope the above list helps you with the used furniture sale or purchase.