Metro PCS does not offer a trade-in program on mobile phones, unlike other carriers that offer wireless services. However, there are several third-party companies that will either pay you for your old mobile device or allow you to trade your existing Metro PCS phone for a different handset through a recycling company, thereby enabling the indirect trade-in of your phone. Some such companies are Flipswap, CellForCash, Gazelle, Simply Sellular, etc. Here is a quick guide to help in making a trade-in on Metro PCS new phones.
- Step 1: Decide which company to use for Metro PCS phone deals that you want to look out for.
- Step 2: Conduct online research for trade-in prices on various websites of the third-party trade-in companies by visiting the tutorial links available in the Resources section of these websites.
- Step 3: Make a comparative study of the various Metro PCS Phone deals offered by each website by entering the model name of your phone in the search bar on the trade-in sites. The money offered for your phone by each site on the trade-in will vary depending on the buyer.
- Step 4: Shipment of your old Metro PCS phone to the recycling company has to be done by you on the basis of the specific packing instructions given by each company to keep the phone secure during shipment. Also, ensure that the print out of the prepaid postage stamp provided by most of these companies is taped on to the box that is used to ship your phone.
- Step 5: Wait and ensure you receive a check from the company with whom you have traded in your mobile phone. This might usually take up to two to three weeks before receiving a check from the recycling company.
Apart from this guide, you will also be able to find great deals on Metro PCS new phones by visiting their website. Some of the options are as follows:
- Promotional Rate Plan
With a requirement of activation of at least one new MetroPCS service line and a maximum of 5 lines per account, this plan lets each line to received unlimited data up to LTE speeds on the handset. This plan is allowed only on the new line and such plans cannot avail further family plan discounts. However, this LTE connectivity requires compatible devices and is combinable with select features.
- Switcher Instant Rebate
This plan is available for a limited time at select MetroPCS stores. The port-in of the services from an existing eligible wireless number to that phone with suitable handsets bought from these stores will allow an instant rebate of around $59 on the purchase price.