All healthy smoothies recipes include natural ingredients that are loaded with abundant nutrients, and they fill you up instantly. Smoothies not only are good nutrient supplements, they also help you in weight loss. Here are 10 healthy smoothie recipes that you can have when you are on the go.
1. Frozen Fruit Smoothie: Frozen fruit smoothie recipes commonly use fruits like bananas, cherries and any kind of berries that you can find in frozen packs in the supermarket. Frozen banana with strawberries is quite commonly used in breakfast smoothie recipes as well.
2. Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie: Yogurt is the most basic ingredient used in all healthy smoothie recipes. You can add fresh or canned juice for additional fruity flavor. Such healthy fruit smoothie recipes combine the goodness of fruit and the probiotic value of yogurt.
3. Mix Fruit Smoothie: Mix fruit smoothie recipes combine the benefits of multiple fruits. For instance, you can use a mix of berries like blueberries, blackberries and strawberries. Or you can have a mix of pineapple and banana with a base of yogurt.
4. Green Smoothie: If you are keen on weight loss, your dietitian or trainer will recommend good weight loss smoothie recipes for you. These generally include kale, apple, celery, lettuce, pear mixed with skim milk, or almond milk or soy milk.
5. Peach Green Tea Smoothie: A combination of chilled green tea and peaches, this smoothie can be quite filling if you are on a diet. In addition to these two basic ingredients, this diet smoothie recipe calls for yogurt, banana and honey as well.
6. Cinnamon Smoothie: This smoothie is quite apt as a breakfast smoothie. It tastes like cinnamon bun and has a pleasant aroma as well. This breakfast smoothie recipe requires you to blend together banana, almond milk, water, ground cinnamon, oats, and yogurt.
7. Spinach and Avocado: This healthy smoothie is packed with protein and tastes delicious as well. This healthy smoothie recipe calls for spinach, avocado, banana, natural peanut butter and milk. Blend all these together and garnish with a small spinach leaf.
8. Dark Chocolate Smoothie: Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants. This combination of unsweetened cocoa powder with chia seeds aids in weight loss and gives you a glowing skin as well.
9. Papaya-Ginger: This healthy fruit smoothie recipe has a spicy twist to it, thanks to the hotness of ginger. With the laxative property of papaya, this smoothie helps in digestion and aids in weight loss as well.
10. Banana Smoothie: The best healthy smoothie recipes have banana and yogurt as their default ingredients. With its high proportion of potassium and other minerals, banana smoothie is a sure shot way to good health.